Thu 01 Dec
Sun 20 Dec
Fri 05 Dec
Sun 22 Dec
Though last minute, the spirit is in it:
2) Come On Santa – The Raveonettes
3) Silent Night – Matt McMurray
4) O Come, O Come, Emmanuel – Belle & Sebastian
5) When The Bells Start Ringing – My Morning Jacket
6) Christmas In The Room – Sufjan Stevens
7) Little Drummer Boy – Dengue Fever
8) Santa Claus Is Comin’ To Town – Ray Charles
9) And Anyway It’s Christmas – !!!
10) Merry Xmas – Mad Decent
11) Happy Holidays – Peggy Lee
12) Christmas Card – Spinning Dolphin Head
13) I Heard The Bells On Christmas – Pedro The Lion
14) Christmas On TV – Chris Isaak
15) I Don’t Know What To Do With This Information – Jens Lekman
16) The Plan – Low
17) Lowly Stable – Maya Shore
18) Vökuró – Björk
Sun 22 Dec
Keith & Dave wanted to send everyone a Christmas Card this year.
Don’t get too full of Christmas spirit / despair.
Wed 05 Dec
Wishing you Joys and Merry Noel’s – we’re sending you headlong, into the sleigh bells:
2) Good Time Christmas – Lou Rawls
3) One Little Christmas Tree – Stevie Wonder
4) The Christmas Sound – The Swimmers
5) This Christmas – The Dismemberment Plan
6) Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) – The Ravenoettes
7) I Do Not Care For The Winter Sun – Beach House
8) Please Come Home For Christmas – Charles Brown
9) Presents On Christmas – Solomon Burke
10) Christ The Lord Is Born – Sufjan Stevens
11) Morning Christmas – The Beach Boys
12) Santa Claus Is Weird – Idaho
13) Spotlight On Christmas – Rufus Wainright
14) Christmas In New Orleans – Louis Armstrong
15) Close Your Mouth It’s Christmas – The Free Design
16) Christmas Ain’t Christmas – The Ebonys
17) Donna And Blitzen – Badly Drawn Boy
18) 12/23/95 – Jimmy Eat World
19) A Cradle In Bethlehem – Nat King Cole
Wed 21 Nov
We are so thankful for the opportunities we have to produce clothing for the public.
Thankful for this time of year. Thankful for all of you.
Happy Thanksgiving from Launderette.
Thu 13 Sep
Bill Nye dropping science on the subtle nuances of tying a bow tie.
This is so fine for so many reasons, not the least of which being that it’s conducted by the beloved Chris Hardwick. What a team up! What witty banter, and learning.
Many years ago, long before the daft punks had even caught wind of a remake/sequel, Chris Hardwick & Brandon Small penned a Tron Rock Opera. Live at the Warszawa, the homage remains one of the most extraordinary and dear performances I’ve ever seen.
I digress. Bill addresses all the concerns here. You still say you can’t tie a bow tie? I am “Open-minded but skeptical.”
Tron Rock Opera – Anosmia (mp3)
Mon 23 Jul
As part of the 2012 Photobooth Convention, attendees were invited to participate in a collaborative art project, this year being asked to tell the story of a film in four frames of a booth photo strip. “Rather than 24 frames a second, it’s four frames in 20 seconds” say the geniuses behind the event at Photobooth.net. The resulting film/photos have been compiled and made available as a limited run photobook, for a mere $8. The Launderette office just got ours and has been inspired by each clever entry all week.
Mon 14 May
If near Los Angeles this weekend don’t miss this years 2012 Photobooth Convention. The booth enthusiasts of photobooth.net put on an event somewhere in the world only every once in awhile, and this year were lucky enough to have it held so conveniently close to the Launderette offices.
Part artshow, part workshop – there will be lectures, films, collaborative photobooth art projects to participate in, and two real photochemical booths for the use of all who drop by. Friend of Launderette, National Geographic will be DJing both evenings, and of course we’ll be there, taking as many photos of the intern as they’ll let us.
2102 Photobooth Convention
May 18th 7:00-10:00
May 19th 3:00-10:00
Come out and get your picture took four times in a tiny room.